Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes
These easy, Roasted Sweet Potatoes are an easy side to cook up all season long. They use pantry staples, and most of the cook time is hands-off. While they roast in the oven, you can finish up your other dishes. They’re delicious with meat and a veggie, added to grain bowls with a runny egg, roasted veggies, and sauce, or even for breakfast with your favorite eggs. More of my favorite sweet potato recipes are these baked sweet potatoes and these air fryer sweet potato fries!
Why You’ll Love These Sweet Potatoes
- Healthy: Sweet potatoes are packed with fiber and protein, making them very filling. They are also high in vitamins like vitamin A, Vitamin C and potassium.
- Easy: Just dice the potatoes, season them, and throw them in the oven–so simple!
- Inexpensive: Made with ingredients that are easy to find in the grocery store.
- Fits many dietary restrictions: gluten-free, dairy-free, Whole30, Weight Watchers and more
- Versatile: From breakfast to dinner, there are many ways to serve roasted sweet potatoes.
- Naturally sweet! No need to add honey or maple syrup.
- Sweet Potatoes: Peel four medium sweet potatoes.
- Olive Oil to toss the potatoes in, I use extra virgin olive oil. Avocado oil will work too.
- Spices: Garlic powder and sweet paprika for flavor.
- Herbs: Dried rosemary or Italian seasoning add flavor.
- Kosher Salt and Pepper to taste
How to Roast Sweet Potatoes
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 425°F, and lightly spray a baking sheet with oil. You can also line it with foil to reduce cleanup.
- Cut the Sweet Potatoes into 3/4-inch cubes.
- Season Sweet Potatoes: Toss the potatoes with olive oil and season with all the herbs and spices. Spread the mixture in an even layer on the sheet pan.
- How Long to Roast Sweet Potatoes at 425°F: Cook the sweet potatoes for 35 minutes until fork tender, golden, and browned on the edges.
- Potatoes: Substitute Yams or butternut squash for sweet potatoes.
- Seasoning: Add onion powder, cumin, chili powder or make it smokey with smoked paprika. Make it spicy with ground cayenne pepper or chipotle pepper.
- Herbs: Use any mix of dried herbs you have, like oregano, thyme, and parsley. Fresh rosemary would also be good.
What to Serve with Roasted Sweet Potato Cubes
These healthy oven-roasted sweet potato cubes are a versatile side dish for so many meals:
- Serve with a protein and green veggie: Turkey Meatloaf, Whole Roasted Chicken or Air Fryer Steak with a salad, roasted broccoli or garlic broccolini.
- Sweet Potato Bowl: Make a bowl with roasted sweet potatoes and other vegetables, like broccoli and cauliflower, a runny egg, and your favorite sauce.
- Make Grain Bowls: You could add brown rice, , farro, or your favorite grain plus a protein, like my easy air fryer chicken breast.
- : Pair these potatoes with your favorite eggs.
- Salad: Top a fall kale salad with these potatoes, dried fruit, nuts, and cheese.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat them in the air fryer or microwave.
More Sweet Potato Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Size: 1 cup
Heat the oven to 425°F. Lightly spray a sheet pan with oil.
Cut the sweet potatoes into 3/4-inch inch cubes.
In a large bowl, toss the sweet potato wedges with olive oil and season with garlic powder, paprika, rosemary and salt and black pepper, to taste.
Spread out in an even layer on the sheet pan and bake 30 to 35 minutes, tossing every 10-15 minutes until tender, golden and browned on the edges.
Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 cup, Calories: 215 kcal, Carbohydrates: 41 g, Protein: 3.5 g, Fat: 4.5 g, Saturated Fat: 0.5 g, Sodium: 250 mg, Fiber: 6.5 g, Sugar: 8.5 g